We are passionate about connecting climate innovators from different fields and committed to build a strong climate innovation community in Hungary. KIK provides a knowledge-sharing and networking platform which is open for individuals who are willing to change our future and contribute to tackle the challenges of climate change.
More information about KIK:
Through the insight of our startup programmes, we help idea owners to transform their greentech ideas into climate-positive businesses. Since 2013 we have supported more than 200 startups, provided more than 1300 mentoring hours and distributed more than €1 million among the best Hungarian greentech startups.
Startup Plastic Surgery, launched in 2020, focuses on fighting against climate change through a complete life cycle recognition of plastic.
Do you have an innovative solution for the usage or the substitution of plastic?
In the Startup Plastic Surgery 2022 programme we work together with innovators who have a feasible solution for the environmental and health problems caused by plastic. We support these ideas and solutions with industry specific mentoring and business coaching in their development into a market-ready enterprise.
We are looking for ideas, who are offering innovative solutions in the following areas:
- Substitution materials for plastic e.g.: new sustainable packages
- Technological innovation especially in the catering and food industry
- System innovation and business model innovation through the production, recycling and re-use cycle of plastic;
- Initiatives encouraging behavioural changes in plastic use.
Now it is your turn. Develop your idea and get connected with industry specific professionals.
During the 4-month long incubation, through the framework of business coaching sessions, industry-specific consultations, workshops and networking event we help you to finalize your business model and validate your market. The programme ends with a pitch competition where teams present their innovative product or service with their progress throughout the programme in front of an expert jury. Based on their evaluation the best startups can be awarded with a fast-track investment opportunity by HIVENTURES (15 million HUF).
Why should you apply to the Startup Plastic Surgery?
- You can learn from the best business mentors and consult with industry specific experts as well
- You can participate at industry specific and business workshops
- The success of your business is just your success, you do not have to give market share in return for the programme participation
- You can meet local industry players and start cooperations at the networking event
- At the end of the programme you can pitch your idea at the pitch competition
- The most promising startups can receive investment opportunity by the venture capital HIVENTURES
Who can apply?
Anyone with an innovative idea related to plastic;
Teams with at least 2 active members;
Startups with or without any active market activities.
Bussiness to Bussiness
Become a partner
Partner up to speed things up. We keep expanding our impact on a local scale. We need partners that support us in that mission.
In return you get massive marketing & PR opportunities, access to early stage green start-ups, and so much more:
- Maximum visibility among start-ups, investors, business and the academic circles.
- Access to the network of like-minded people and leading innovators in the greentech area.
- Build or strenghten your reputation as an organization that actively supports sustainability and the UN SDG goals.
- Immerse yourself in the refreshing vibe of start-up energy.
- Scout start-ups that suit your (investment) goals before anyone else does.
Find all partnership perks, benefits and options in this handy PDF
Send us a Message